Call to action! Ask state reps to help fight tax foreclosure:
Call your state representatives and ask them to vote YES to pass amendments to help Detroit homeowners facing tax foreclosure:
- PASS House Bill 5149 (HIB 5179) to allow local government to apply the Poverty Tax Exemptions retroactively. This could eliminate tax foreclosure for homeowners living in poverty.
- PASS Senate Bill 1009 (SB 1009) to renew the IRSPA (“ur-spa”) payment plan option that reduce interest and give homeowners time to pay back taxes.
- Pass as-yet-unnamed Senate bill to renew the SEVSPA (“sev-spa”) payment plan option to cut back taxes to ½ of State Equalized Value.
Don’t know who to call? Search by address to
- Find your Representative http://www.house.mi.gov/mhrpublic/
- Find your Senator http://www.senate.michigan.gov/fysbyaddress.html